This Beverage Caused Serious Injuries At One Of Gordon Ramsay's Restaurants

This Beverage Caused Serious Injuries At One Of Gordon Ramsay’s Restaurants

If you know Gordon Ramsay — or at least know his television persona on his multiple reality shows — you know he strives for perfection. You could say that dirty kitchens and incompetent staff are two of his least favorite things. As a pro, he believes the kitchen staff has a responsibility to keep their clientele safe. Still, accidents happen, and one happened inside Ramsay’s restaurant that’s located in Caesar’s Palace in Las Vegas.

It wasn’t food poisoning that got someone — it was fire. Called Hell’s Kitchen (and themed after Ramsay’s show of the same name), the restaurant had an accident with a flaming cocktail. Two people ended up in the hospital and as of right now, their injuries are unclear. The good news is that no fire had to be put out by anyone else, per Las Vegas Review-Journal, meaning that all other diners were safe.

The drink (called a Rum Donkey, made with with with torched passion fruit) was taken off the menu right after the incident occurred. “The particular type of specialty drink served at Hell’s Kitchen is served at the finest restaurants worldwide without incident,” Caesar’s Entertainment explained to the Review-Journal. “But out of an abundance of caution, Hell’s Kitchen has removed the drink item at issue from the menu.”

This video, taken by another guest back in February, shows the Rum Donkey in action:

The incident was unfortunate, but it seems like Hell’s Kitchen took steps to make sure something like this never happens again.

To prevent kitchen fires, the National Fire Protection Association has several cooking safety tips. You can find them here. According to the organization, cooking equipment is the leading cause of home fires and fire injuries, so it’s best to always play it safe while cooking.