Mornings can be hectic. If you’re anything like us at So Yummy, then you’re doing your best to take advantage of all daylight hours. You probably try to squeeze in your morning meetings, your workout and your daily errands — all before your lunch break.
After a jam-packed morning, it is perfectly normal to experience an “afternoon slump.” You may be familiar with the sleepy and sluggish feeling that comes on in the afternoon, usually between the hours of 1:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. It’s common to encounter a dip in energy during the latter half of the day, but what can you do to combat this feeling?
At So Yummy, our favorite way to fight off that sleepy sensation is to prep a delicious afternoon treat! We love to indulge in a little something sweet or savory. If you’re looking for a new midday snack, then you have to try our perfectly portioned treats made with Almond Breeze® Almondmilk. Lactose-free, soy-free, and calcium enriched, Almond Breeze® delivers the nutrients you need to get you fired up for the rest of your day. Bake a Mini Mason Jar Milk Cake for a tiny treat that won’t give you that dreaded “sugar crash.” Let’s bring new meaning to the term “afternoon delight.”😉 Almond Breeze® Almondmilk is the perfect way to fuel your entire day!
Easy • Yields 6 servings • Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup hazelnut chocolate spread
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Blue Diamond® Almond Flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix hazelnut chocolate spread, eggs, and flour until thoroughly combined. (If you’re using leftover hazelnut chocolate spread, you can mix it right in the container!)
- Distribute cupcake batter evenly into lined cupcake pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Mini Mason Jar Milk Cake
Easy • Yields 6 servings • Total time: 40 minutes
- 1 ready-made pound cake, cut into 6 rounds to go into mason jars
- 14 ounce can condensed milk
- 1 cup Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 6 mini mason jars
- Use the mini mason jar to cut 6 round pieces of pound cake. Trim the bottom of the cake rounds to fit into the jar.
- Add the 6 pieces of cake to the jars. Poke each cake 7-8 times, scattering the holes around the surface. This will allow the milk mixture to flow throughout your cake.
- In a large bowl, combine the condensed milk and Almond Breeze® Almondmilk. Pour the mixture into each jar, covering each cake without overflowing. Cover the jars and let set in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours. The milk mixture should soak completely into the cake.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Strawberry Cheesecake Loaf Pan Popsicles
Easy • Yields 8 servings • Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 pints non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- 1 block non-dairy cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- 8 popsicle sticks
- Plastic wrap
- In a blender, mix the non-dairy vanilla ice cream, non-dairy cream cheese, and Almond Breeze® Almondmilk. Scoop out and save about ¼ of the mixture. Store in the freezer while you blend the rest of the smoothie base.
- Add strawberries to the cream cheese smoothie mixture, and blend thoroughly.
- Line a loaf pan with plastic wrap. Add a layer of strawberry cream cheese smoothie, filling about ⅓ of the pan. Add the cream cheese mixture, then layer the rest of the strawberry cream cheese mixture.
- Cover the pan with foil. Use a knife to poke ½ inch slits down the middle, spaced about 1-2 inches apart. Add a popsicle stick to each slit.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or until popsicles are solid.
- Remove the foil. Use the plastic wrap to pull the frozen popsicle block out of the loaf pan. Slice between each popsicle stick to create uniform popsicles. Enjoy!
Almond Flour Mug Cake
Easy • Yields 1 serving • Total time: 1o minutes
- 6 chocolate sandwich cookies, crushed into crumbs
- ¼ cup Blue Diamond® Almond Flour
- 6 tablespoon Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- Whipped cream
- Crushed sandwich cookies, to garnish
- Microwavable mug
- Add crushed sandwich cookies, Blue Diamond® Almond Flour, and Almond Breeze® Almondmilk to mug, and mix until well combined.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, or until the mug cake rises and is fully cooked.
- Top with whipped cream and sandwich cookie crumbs. Enjoy!
Easy • Yields 2 servings • Total time: 20 minutes
- 15-18 marshmallows
- 2 cup Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- Combine marshmallows and Almond Breeze® Almondmilk in a medium pot. Melt and mix occasionally over medium heat.
- Evenly separate the melted marshmallow mixture into two glasses. Remove the foam layer from the top of each glass.
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or until the mixture reaches a gelatinous consistency.
- Top with fresh fruit or try out different sweet topping combinations!
Easy • Yields 1 serving • Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 pack instant ramen
- 2 cup Almond Breeze® Almondmilk
- Add the instant ramen and Almond Breeze® Almondmilk to a small pot over medium heat. Stir occasionally, and remove from heat when noodles are fully cooked.
- Add the packaged seasoning from the ramen, and mix until well combined. Serve immediately and enjoy!