Host a Backyard Bash That’s a Blast with Malibu® Rum Inspired Recipes
Summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the party has to! We’re soaking up every last bit of sunshine by spending lots of time grilling and chilling outdoors. Why wait until the sun goes down to start celebrating? Our original recipes, made with Malibu® Rum, are perfect for a boozy brunch. Invite all your friends over for a backyard bash filled with flavorful food and yummy cocktails.
Who knew fruit salad could be so fun?! Whip up a batch of our “Adult Pineapple” Salad for a side dish with a special kick. The Malibu® infuses into the fruit and leaves each bite bursting with flavor. Also, we guarantee the Pineapple Malibu-rgers will impress your guests. The Malibu® soaked pineapple rings add extra juiciness and richness to the burgers, so they’ll be anything but bland and boring.
Send off summer the right way, by bringing everyone you love together for a boozy backyard bash!
ENJOY RESPONSIBLY and please do not share or forward to anyone under legal drinking age. MALIBU Caribbean Rum with natural flavor. 21% – 24% Alc/Vol. © Malibu 2021. All Rights Reserved.
“Adult Pineapple” Salad
Easy • Yields 6 servings • Total Time: 8+ hours
- 1 pineapple
- 1 mini seedless watermelon
- 4 cups Malibu® Original
- Using a melon baller, scoop out balls of pineapple and watermelon. Place into a large bowl.
- Pour Malibu® Original over the pineapple and watermelon. Wrap with plastic and refrigerate overnight or at least eight hours.
- Strain the fruit from the liquid (you can save the infused Malibu® for use in future cocktails!), toss together, and serve.
Easy • Yields 4 servings • Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Malibu® Original
- 1 bag microwave popcorn, popped
- 4 sugar ice cream cones
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, boil Malibu® Original until it thickens and begins to caramelize. No need to stir! Once it’s thickened to about a corn syrup consistency, remove from heat and pour over popcorn, using a rubber spatula to scrape the last bits out.
- Stir the popcorn until it’s evenly coated with the Malibu®. Once it’s cool enough to handle, grab a handful and shape into a ball.
- Fill a sugar cone with a few pieces of popcorn, then stick the popcorn ball on top.
- Serve standing upright in a bowl filled with popcorn kernels or rice. Enjoy!
Strawberry Jelly Bites
Easy • Yields 50 servings • Total Time: 4 hours
- 1 cup Malibu® Original
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 box strawberry flavored gelatin
- 50 strawberries (about 2 pounds), hulls removed
- 50 lime slice segments, for garnish
- Slice the tip off of each cored strawberry so it stands up straight. Arrange the berries on a sheet pan, and add a lime segment to each berry.
- In a large bowl, combine gelatin and boiling water. Whisk until dissolved, then add Malibu® Original.
- Using a turkey baster or small pipette, fill each strawberry. Place in the fridge to set for around four hours, then serve.
Easy • Yields 2 servings • Total Time: 5 minutes
- 7 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 ½ cups Malibu® Watermelon
- 1 bottle white wine
- Lime slices, for garnish
- In a large pitcher, combine watermelon, Malibu® Watermelon, and wine. Let rest in the refrigerator overnight, or at least eight hours.
- Before serving, add mint and ice. Cheers!
Easy • Yields 4 servings • Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 cup Malibu® Original
- 4 pineapple rings
- 1 pound 90% lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the pineapple rings into a dish and cover with Malibu® Original. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Separate the meat into quarters and shape into patties. Place one soaked pineapple ring on each patty, and press it into the burger.
- Season with salt and pepper, then grill.
- Serve each burger with your choice of bun and toppings. We suggest a brioche bun and cabbage slaw!
More-Mosa Ice Pops
Easy • Yields 6 servings • Total Time: 6 hours
- ¾ cup Malibu® Original
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup watermelon juice
- ½ cup coconut water
- 1 bottle sparkling wine
- In three separate containers, combine Malibu® Original with each juice and coconut water.
- Fill your popsicle mold with each flavor, add popsicle sticks, then place in the freezer to set.
- Once the popsicles are frozen, place each into a champagne flute and top with sparkling wine.
Rainbow Skewers with Malibu® Sauce
Easy • Yields 8 servings • Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1.5 ounces Malibu® Original
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red onion
- 1 zucchini
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 summer squash
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Cut the vegetables roughly the same size, about 2 inches wide. Place a few pieces of each onto the skewers, brush with oil, and grill.
- In a small bowl, combine teriyaki sauce and Malibu® Original. Top with sesame seeds, and serve alongside the skewers!