So Yummy 3’s: Cheddar Bacon Biscuits with Citrus Maple Butter
Breakfast | April 29, 2021
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, toast the turkey bacon and grape nuts for about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix waffle mix, milk, chives, toasted bacon and grape nuts until a soft dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a flat surface sprinkled with more waffle mix.
- Knead the dough about 12 times until it comes together.
- Using the rolling pin, roll out the dough into a 1 inch thick sheet and use a biscuit cutter to cut out biscuits.
- Place biscuits on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
2. For the Citrus Maple Butter:
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, grapefruit zest and maple syrup.
- Shape into a log using plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.
- Serve the warm biscuits with the butter and enjoy.