So Yummy 2’s: Sweet Potato, Quinoa, Zucchini Pancakes with Bourbon Cream Cheese Frosting
Breakfast | April 29, 2021
1. For the pancakes:
- Preheat a non-stick griddle or pan over medium/low heat.
- Use a paper towel to remove any water from the zucchini and carrot.
- In a large bowl, combine, zucchini, carrot, quinoa, sweet potato, eggs, butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, almond milk, and pancake mix. Spoon batter onto the hot griddle and cook for about 3 minutes per side until cooked through.
2. For the Icing
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
- Beat in bourbon and powdered sugar until combined. For a thinner icing, add almond milk 1 tbs at a time.
- Frost the muffins and top with chopped pecans, crushed dried apple and a few carrot curls for an elevated look.