This summer, when you’re ready to relax by the pool or kick back by the lake, you won’t want to waste precious daylight hours making food for your family & friends in the kitchen. Instead, you’re probably looking for stress-free recipes that are easy to prep, so you can maximize the time you spend having fun in the sun!
Once you start snacking on these refreshing Ahi Tuna Poke Bites and diving into our decadent Smoked Sausage Jalapeño Corn Dip, it will feel like summer has started! Make your Memorial Day plans so much simpler by grabbing everything you need from ShopRite.
They have all of the food and beverages you need for a fantastic holiday weekend, online or in store. With just a few clicks, we were able to order what we needed to create these perfect, poolside recipes. Grab a beach umbrella, find a lounge chair and pour yourself a frosty beverage, because all you have to do is combine a few simple ingredients for any of these easy recipes.
Add all ingredients in one go with ShopRite: click here
Ahi Tuna Poke Bites
Medium • Yields 4-6 servings • Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2-3 Bowl & Basket™ Specialty Ahi Tuna Steaks (cubed)
- ¼ cup Japanese style mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha
- 1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons sesame oil
- 8 sheets rice paper
- Vegetable oil (for frying, enough to fill your pan 1.5”-2” deep)
- Pinch of salt
- Sliced scallions, (for garnish)
- Sesame seeds, (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine cubed Bowl & Basket™ Specialty Ahi Tuna Steaks, mayonnaise, Sriracha, soy sauce, sesame oil and salt. Toss to combine, being careful to mix well without squishing the tuna. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill a heavy bottomed pot with frying oil, and heat until it reaches 380-400 degrees F. Carefully add one rice paper sheet at a time, and quickly remove from the oil once puffy, about 45 seconds. Repeat with all sheets and drain on paper towels.
- To build a poke bite, place a heaping spoonful of the tuna onto a puffed rice paper, and top with scallions and sesame seeds.
Tiramisu Ladyfinger Roll
Easy • Yields 6-8 servings • Total Time: 5 hours
- 16 Bowl & Basket™ Specialty Lady Fingers
- 1 ½ cups warm milk
- 3 tablespoons espresso powder
- 4 tablespoons sugar (divided)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons coffee liqueur
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Cocoa powder (for garnish)
- Lay out a large piece of plastic wrap on a flat surface.
- Combine milk, espresso powder, and 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Quickly dip each Bowl & Basket™ Specialty Lady Finger cookie into the mixture, and place on the plastic wrap in two rows of eight. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- To prepare the filling, combine mascarpone, remaining sugar, vanilla extract, coffee liqueur and salt. Separately, whip the heavy cream until stiff, and fold into the cheese mixture until combined.
- Remove the lady fingers from the refrigerator, and spread the filling evenly over the softened cookies, leaving some space around the edges.
- Carefully roll up, using the plastic wrap underneath to help. Fully wrap the log in plastic, and place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, dust with cocoa powder and cut into slices.
Smoked Sausage Jalapeño Corn Dip
Easy • Yields 4-8 servings • Total Time: 40 minutes
- 14 ounces Eckrich Smoked Sausage (diced)
- 3 jalapeños (diced)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3 five-ounce cans whole kernel corn (drained)
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Pepper Jack cheese (shredded)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the sausage and jalapeños and stir occasionally. Cook until the sausage is browned and the peppers have started to soften.
- In a large bowl, combine sausage and jalapeños, cream cheese, corn, mayonnaise, and Pepper Jack. Fold together until combined, and spread into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until brown and bubbly on top. Serve warm with your favorite chips!
Sweet & Spicy Shishito Style Bell Peppers
Easy • Yields 4-6 servings • Total Time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium green Bell Peppers
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 Collection Infused Honey with Hot Chili
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Flaky sea salt
- Core and remove the seeds from the Bell Peppers, and cut into strips about 1 ½ inch wide.
- Add Canola oil to a heavy pan over high heat. Once heated through, add the pepper strips and cook, turning occasionally, until peppers are blistered and the skin is soft. (About 3-5 minutes.)
- Remove from the heat and toss with Heinz 57 Collection Infused Honey with Hot Chili, vinegar and sesame oil. Add a generous pinch of salt, and serve.
Smoked Sausage Disk Dippers
Easy • Yields 2-4 servings • Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 Eckrich Skinless Smoked Turkey Sausage
- 1 package crescent rolls
- Heinz 57 Collection Infused Honey with Black Truffle (for serving)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the Eckrich Skinless Smoked Turkey Sausage in half. Unroll the crescent dough on a flat surface.
- Place one half of the sausage along the edge of the dough, and roll up until the sausage is
completely covered. Cut where the dough overlaps, and repeat with the remaining dough and sausage.
- Cut the dough-wrapped sausage into slices about ½ inch thick. Arrange on a lined baking sheet, and bake until browned, about 13 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and serve hot with Heinz 57 Collection Infused Honey with Black Truffle for dipping!
Cacio e Pepe Chips
Easy • Yields 2-6 servings • Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 eight-ounce bag Bowl & Basket™ Specialty Kettle Chips Sea Salt
- 1 ½ cups pecorino (finely grated)
- 1 tablespoon freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On a lined baking sheet, Spread the Bowl & Basket™ Specialty Kettle Chips Sea Salt in a single layer.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the chips, making sure to cover them completely. Add a generous pinch of the black pepper on top.
- Place in the oven and bake until the cheese is melted and the chips are starting to brown. Add remaining black pepper on top, and let cool before serving.
Creme Brûlée Popsicles
Medium • Yields 4-8 servings • Total Time: 4 hours
- 1.5 quarts Bowl & Basket™ Ice Cream Vanilla Flavored Rich & Creamy (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 vanilla bean pod (scraped)
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat. In a small pot over medium high heat, add the sugar. Stir occasionally and cook until caramel in color. Remove from heat and carefully pour onto the prepared sheet to cool.
- Once cooled, break the caramel into small shards, and divide.
- In a blender, combine half of the caramel pieces, the softened Bowl & Basket Ice Cream Vanilla Flavored Rich & Creamy, and the vanilla beans. Pour the mixture into popsicle molds, add sticks, and freeze for 3 hours, or overnight.
- When the creamsicles have frozen completely, just before serving, coat each popsicle with the remaining caramel pieces and enjoy immediately.