Take a swing at some of these summer bites with the help of Michelob ULTRA! Summer is officially here! These recipes will set the mood with help from our friends at Michelob ULTRA®.
Serena Williams not only has an extensive impressive tennis career but these recipes by her will win the match time and time again. From Serena Williams’ Serenamon Rolls to the Finals Fruit Board, these recipes do not disappoint!
Can we get a tennis clap from the audience? Because these recipes have won the match!
Yields: 12 Cinnamon Rolls
Serennamon Roll Dough:
- 1 cup whole milk – warm (105 degrees F)
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon Active dry yeast
- 2 large eggs room temperature, lightly beaten
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 tsp pure vanilla extract
- .5 tsp almond extract
- 5 cups of pastry flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
Serennamon Roll Sugar Filling:
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 2 ½ tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
Serennamon Roll Cream Cheese Frosting:
- (1) 8 oz container whipped cream cheese
- ¼ cup (half a stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- ⅛ tsp salt
Make the Serennamon Roll Dough:
- Warm milk in the microwave for 30-45 seconds. It should be warm but not hot. Place the warm milk into the bowl of the stand mixer, then add 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of yeast to the warm milk. Stir and let it sit in a warm environment for five minutes or until it becomes foamy.
- Add the remaining ½ cup sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, and almond extract to the mixture in the bowl of your standing mixer, fitted with the dough hook. Mix on low speed until combined.
- With the motor running, slowly add the flour, salt and cinnamon, increasing the speed to high once all of the flour mixture is added. Continue mixing until a large, smooth ball is formed – a few minutes. The dough should be smooth and only slightly tacky to the touch. If the dough seems too sticky and is not forming a ball, add more flour (1/4 cup) at a time until a smooth ball is formed. Continue to knead with the dough hook for 2 more minutes, or you can remove the dough from the bowl and knead by hand until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Grease a large bowl and place the dough inside. Cover the bowl with a warm, damp towel and put the bowl in a warm place to rise for one hour. I usually use my oven, just make sure the oven is not on!
Make the Serennamon Roll Filling:
- While the dough is rising, make the filling. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon until the mixture is well combined and an even consistency and set aside. Make sure your butter is at room temperature.
Serennamon Rolls, Assemble!
- Uncover the resting dough. It should be roughly doubled in size. Preheat the oven to 350F before you roll out and shape the dough.
- Sprinkle a large work surface with flour. Gently press the gas out of the dough, remove it from the bowl to the floured work surface, and form it into a rectangle. Roll the dough into a 24×18” rectangle, about ¼ inch thick.
- Take 7 tablespoons or up to a stick of softened butter and spread it over the flattened rolled out dough.
- Sprinkle the dough with cinnamon sugar mixture all over.
- Roll up dough from the longer edge of the rectangle, and cut into 12 equal sized rolls, ~2 inches wide each.
- Line a 9×13 inch glass or ceramic baking dish with parchment paper and lightly grease. Then place rolls in 4 rows of three, evenly spaced. Cover the rolls with a dish towel and let them rise at room temperature for another 20-30 minutes.
- Bake Serennamon rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown and cooked through, about 18-20 minutes. They will rise more in the oven. If not cooked all the way through in the middle, you may need to bake them for a few minutes more.
Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- While rolls are baking, use an electric hand mixer or your stand mixer with the paddle attachment to beat together the whipped cream cheese, softened butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt. Continue to beat on a high speed for 3-5 minutes until the frosting is really smooth. DO NOT chill the frosting. Keep it at room temperature until the Serennamon rolls are finished baking.
- Once the Serennamon rolls have been removed from the oven, let them
cool. When cooled, add a dollop of cream cheese frosting and serve!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½” thick half moons
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup of olive oil oil, plus more as needed
- Cilantro leaves, for serving
- Vegan tortillas of choice, or lettuce leaves (such as butter lettuce)
For the Vegan Green Goddess Dressing (Yields 2 cups)
- 1 avocado, peeled & pitted
- ½ bunch of cilantro
- ⅓ cup of pistachios
- ½ a jalapeno, de-seeded (if you like spicy, feel free to use the whole jalapeno) • 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Zest of 1 lime
- Juice of 2 limes
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of water
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed
- Preheat the oven to 425F. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, brown sugar, paprika, dried oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix to combine.
- Prep and cut your vegetables, and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil spice mixture, and stir to mix well. If the vegetables seem a little, add more olive oil a tablespoon at a time until they are well coated.
- Once coated, place the vegetables on a large rimmed baking sheet, or on 2 baking sheets if they are too crowded on one.
- Roast for 10 minutes at 425F, stir everything with a rubber spatula, and continue to roast for another 6-8 minutes until the veggies can be easily pierced through with a fork and have started to caramelize in spots. Taste and add additional salt as needed, then set aside to cool.
- To make the vegan green goddess dressing, add the avocado, cilantro, pistachios, jalapeno, salt, pepper, lime zest, lime juice, and water into a food processor. Pulse until everything is mostly broken up and mixed together, about 30 seconds. Then, drizzle in the olive oil and blend until smooth. The sauce should be the consistency of a creamy salad dressing. If it’s too thick, add more olive oil a tablespoon at a time until it reaches the right consistency. Taste, adjust seasoning as needed, and serve in a bowl beside the roasted veggies, tortillas of choice, and lime wedges.
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 30 minutes Yield: 6 – 10 servings
1. In a bowl smash raspberries, set aside. In a separate bowl add olive oil, red wine vinegar, yogurt and dijon mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk until fully combined. Add your smashed raspberries to the mixture and last, add Kiwi Lime Seltzer.
For Vegetables cut as desired.
2. Add 2 oz of raspberry vinaigrette to the bottom of each cup. Assemble vegetables as desired.
Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 25 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 – Spaghetti Squash
- 1 Lb – Shrimp, shell less
- 3 Tablespoon – Unsalted Butter
- ¾ cup – Dry White Wine
- 3 Tablespoon – Olive Oil
- ⅓ cup – Fresh Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon – Red Pepper Flakes
- ½ ea -Lemon
- ¾ teaspoon or to taste – Salt
- 3Tablespoon – Unsalted Butter
- Pinch – Pepper
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half. Discard the seeds. Brush olive oil to the inside of the squash and season with salt and pepper. Place the squash bottom side down on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at 375 F for 45 minutes or until tender. Once done, let aside to cool
- Seduce the oven temperature to 350F. You will use it for the shrimp scampi.
- In a pot over medium heat add the olive oil, once the oil is hot, add the garlic and let it cook for 2 minutes. Once the garlic has infused its flavor into the olive oil, add the butter. Once the butter has melted, add the red chili flakes and cook for another 3 minutes. Set aside.
- In a baking pan, place your shrimp. Pour over your hot butter. Top it off with chopped parsley and bake at 350 F for 12 minutes.
- Serve by shredding the spaghetti squash and topping it off with shrimp scampi.
Yields: 4 – 6 Servings Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 minutes Total Time: 1 hour
- 1 Lb – Shrimp, shell less
- 1 ea – Cucumber
- ½ ea – Red Onion
- 1ea – Tomato
- 1ea – Jalapeno
- 2oz – Cilantro
- 4 – Lime
- 1 ea – Avocado
- 1Tablespoon – Salt
- 1 teaspoon – Pepper
- 1 ea – Green Plantains
- 1oz – Olive Oil
- We start off by chopping the onion, tomato, cucumber, jalapeño, and cilantro. Set aside.
- Cut your shrimp approximately into half inch pieces. Place in a non metal bowl. Squeeze out about a half a cup of lime juice on top of your shrimp or up until it covers the top of the shrimp. Place your chopped onion, tomato, cucumber, jalapeño, salt and pepper and combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. The shrimp will have a change of color to a white with pink and red undertones when ready.
- Preheat the oven at 350F.
- Start by peeling the skin off of the plantains. Cut plantains with a vegetable peeler length wise. Lay them on a baking sheet, not overlapping. Brush olive oil to the top of the plantains and season them with salt. Bake for 30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Let cool.
- Serve by adding some chipped avocado to the top and plantain chips.
Difficulty: Medium Prep Time: 1 hour Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- ¼ cup – Unsalted Butter, soften
- ⅓ cup – Powdered Sugar
- 4 teaspoons – Almond Flour
- 2 Tablespoons – Cornstarch
- 1 ea – Whole Egg
- 1 Tablespoon – Cake Flour
- Pinch – SaltMango Curd:
- 60g – Mango Purée
- 2ea – Whole Eggs
- 1ea – Egg Yolks
- 4 Tablespoon – Granulated Sugar
- 4 Tablespoon – Unsalted Butter
- 1ea – Gelatin Sheet
- Tart Shell: In a mixer with the paddle attachment add your softened butter and on low speed cream the butter for 2 minutes. Gradually add the powdered sugar, almond flour, and cornstarch. Once it is all incorporated add one egg at a time until it is thoroughly combined. Lastly, gradually add your flour and salt. Once it is incorporated. Place the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until firm.
- Once the dough is firm, roll out dough slightly larger than your pan of choice to ¼ of an inch thick. Line the pan with the dough. Preferate the bottom and bake at 350f for 45 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.Mango Curd:
- In a bowl add your eggs and sugar. Set aside.
- In a pot add your mango puree. Bring to a boil and temper in your puree to your egg mixture. Once it is all combined, add the mixture back to the pot and cook on medium-low heat until it reaches anglaise consistency. Strain your mixture and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour or overnight.Assemble:
- Break down your curd with a spatula to loosen it up. Pour it over your tart shell. Add passion fruit pulp to the top as desired.
Finals Fruit Board
Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 30 Minutes Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 2ea – Watermelon, Mini Seedless
- 4ea – Dragon Fruit
- 16oz – Strawberries
- 6oz – Blueberries
- 6oz – Raspberries
- 6oz – Blackberries
- 2ea – Orange
- 4ea – Gala Apple
- 3ea – Mango
- 6oz – Green Grapes
- 6oz – Purple Greens
- 2ea – Passion Fruit
- Mint to Garnish
- Assemble the board to your liking.