Serve up a Delicious Selection of Snacks With Blue Diamond
Sometimes the smallest bites are packed with the biggest flavors, especially when you use quality ingredients. At So Yummy, we love to snack. We’re always looking for innovative ways to create the perfect bite, so we turned to Blue Diamond Almonds for a little inspiration. Everyone knows Blue Diamond for its classic snack almonds. These are the highest quality whole almonds and come in an assortment of timeless flavors. They pair perfectly with a few of our other favorite treats, like chocolate and goat cheese.
What you may not know is that Blue Diamond also makes the ultimate crispy cracker. The hearty taste of the original almond is baked right into the Blue Diamond Nut-Thins®. This crunchy, gluten-free cracker delivers a classic craveability, making it an extra delicious vessel for all different kinds of dips and spreads. Seriously! We love this cracker so much that we crushed it up and used it as an alternative bread crumb in our stuffed mushroom recipe — delicious! You truly can’t go wrong by topping the hint of sea salt flavor Nut-Thins® crackers with smoked salmon, dill and cream cheese; or the sriracha flavor Nut-Thins® crackers with blue cheese and a hot pepper.
The next time you’re in need of a small bite, look to Blue Diamond to satisfy your big cravings. These recipes do not disappoint!
Picture Perfect Party Favors
- 1 ½ cups of chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup of dried mango, finely chopped
- 1 bag freeze dried raspberries
- ¼ cup flaky sea salt
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil and melt together using a microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Let cool slightly and then pour in circles on parchment paper. Top with dried mango, freeze dried raspberry, and sea salt.
- Let set then enjoy! (Will set at room temperature but refrigerate for quicker results.)
Glassware Serving Platter
- Any matching glasses you have — we used 8 ounce beer glasses and shot glasses
- 1 container Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds
- 1 container Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Sauce Almonds
- 1 container Blue Diamond Habanero BBQ
- Other snacks such as pickles, salami, olives, peppers — anything you like!
- 1 expo marker (for labeling, optional)
- Use any glassware as a serving dishes for snacks to make any party feel a little fancier!
Loaded Mini Goat Cheese Logs
- 1 log of goat cheese, 8 ounces
- 1 package Blue Diamond Nut-Thins®, sea salt flavor
- 1 cup of dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup of dried mango, finely chopped
- 1 cup of Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds, finely chopped
- 1 cup crushed freeze dried raspberries
- Pomegranate seeds
- Lay out almonds, dried mango, freeze dried raspberries, and dried cranberries out in rows — two of each.
- After letting goat cheese log soften (let sit at room temp for about 10 minutes), roll the log in the toppings. Then drizzle with honey and slice.
- Add pepitas and pomegranate seeds, then Nut-Thins. Enjoy!
Socially Distant Perfect Bites
- 1 block cream cheese, 8 ounces split into 4 sections
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs (such as dill, basil, etc.)
- 2 tablespoon chopped calabrian chiles
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parmesan
- 2 tablespoons everything seasoning
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 box of Blue Diamond Nut-Thins®
- Peppadew Peppers
- Pomegranate Seeds
The Veggie Bite
- Combine 2 ounces of cream cheese and the chives, garlic powder, and dried herbs. Spread on crackers and top with a pickle.
The Classic Bite
- Combine 2 ounces of cream cheese and the parmesan and everything seasoning. Spread on crackers and top with an olive and salami slice.
The Spicy Bite
- Combine 2 ounces of cream cheese and the calabrian chiles and red pepper flakes. Spread on crackers and top with calabrese and peppadew peppers.
The Sweet Bite
- Combine 2 ounces of cream cheese and the fig jam and honey. Spread on crackers and top
with pomegranate seeds and prosciutto.
- 1 package button mushrooms, split into caps and stems
- ¼ cup chopped celery
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 cup crushed Blue Diamond Cheddar Nut-Thins®
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat the oven to 350°F.
- Clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. Gently wipe 24 large mushrooms with a paper towel or clean kitchen towel to remove any dirt.
- Remove the stems by holding the cap in your hand and gently wiggling the stem back and forth until it releases. Reserve the stems. Remove the gills. Use a spoon to gently scrape out and discard the mushroom gills to make room for the stuffing. Toss the mushroom caps with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place mushroom caps in a large bowl and gently toss with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon of the kosher salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of the black pepper, making sure not to break the mushrooms. Arrange the mushroom caps stem-side up on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Heat the 1 tablespoon butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery and shallot and cook until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stems, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, a pinch red pepper flakes, if using, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Cook until mushrooms brown. Cook until the liquid evaporates and the mushrooms begin to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup white wine or vegetable broth and cook until the liquid evaporates, 1 to 2 minutes. Add herbs and Nut-Thins® “breadcrumbs” to the stuffing. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the parsley and 1 cup panko breadcrumbs. Divide the filling between the mushroom caps (about 2 teaspoons per mushroom). Stuff the mushrooms. The filling may mound up, but press it down to fill the cavity.
- Bake the mushrooms for 20 to 25 minutes. Bake until the mushrooms are tender, the filling is hot, and tops are golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Smoky Romesco Skewers
- 3 chicken sausages (any flavor you prefer)
- 2 cups cooked bowtie pasta
- 1 cup basil leaves
Smoky Romesco Sauce
- 1 large roasted red bell pepper from a jar
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- ½ cup slivered Blue Diamond Almonds, toasted
- ¼ cup tomato purée
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons Sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the skewers
- Cut the sausages up in about 8 pieces (depending on size) and then saute.
- Assemble the skewer with the basil going on first, followed by the bowtie pasta and finished with the sausage.
For the sauce
- Pulse first 8 ingredients in a food processor until very finely chopped.
- With motor running, slowly add oil; process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.