As the sizzling sun graces the sky and the scent of summer fills the air, there’s no denying that it’s the perfect time to fire up those grills and indulge in the culinary delights that only this season can offer. And what better way to elevate your outdoor cooking game than by embracing the irresistible allure of gooey, molten cheese?
Partnering with our friends at Kraft, we present you with a delectable lineup of five cheesy recipes. From the delicious Animal Style Loaded Tater Tots to the adventurous twist of Hot Dog Grilled Cheese Mac, prepare your taste buds to embark on a journey that leaves them craving the gooey goodness of cheese on the grill!
So, dust off your grill and stock up on Kraft’s finest, because it’s time to explore the mouthwatering world of melted perfection that awaits us on the grilling grates!
Hot Dog Grilled Cheese Mac
Difficulty: Easy • 1 serving • Total Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 Oscar Mayer Original Uncured Franks
- 1 cup Velveeta Shells and Cheese
- 2 Slices of brioche bread
- Preheat your grill to 350°.
- Place your Oscar Mayer original uncured franks on the grill. If you prefer, you can also grill two slices of brioche toast for quick and crunchy slices. Grill both sides of the franks and toast for about 3 minutes or until the franks are completely cooked.
- While your franks and toast are grilling, prepare your Velveeta Shells and Cheese according to the instructions on the box. Follow these steps to create the perfect cheesy mac. Set it aside once it’s done.
- Once the franks are finished grilling, cut them in half down the center.
- Take one slice of bread and place the cut frank over the top.
- Next, generously spread the prepared Velveeta Shells and Cheese over the frank to cover it completely.
- Finally, top the Velveeta-covered frank with the other slice of bread to create your cheesy mac sandwich.
- Now, you can indulge in the ultimate Hot Dog Grilled Cheese Mac Sandwich!
Grilled Pickle Poppers
Difficulty: Easy • 8 Servings • Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 4 Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle Wholes
- 8 Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat your grill to 420°.
- Take the Claussen Kosher Dill Pickle Wholes and carefully slice them in half lengthwise.
- With a spoon, hollow out the center of each pickle half, creating a space to fill with the creamy cheese mixture.
- In a small bowl, combine 8 oz of Philadelphia original cream cheese with 1/4 cup of cheddar cheese until the mixture is completely smooth and well-mixed.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a piping bag for easy filling.
- Fill each hollowed pickle half with the delicious cream cheese mixture using the piping bag.
- Take an Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked bacon slice and wrap it around each cream cheese-filled pickle half.
- Place the prepared pickle poppers on the grill and cook them for approximately 35 minutes or until the bacon turns crispy.
- Enjoy the burst of flavors and share these poppers with your loved ones!
Chorizo Queso Fundido
Difficulty: Easy • 32 Servings • Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 Velveeta Original Cheese 32 ounce
- 5 Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon chopped
- One bag of tortilla chips of choice
- 16 ounces Chorizo cooked
- ½ cup tomatoes diced
- ½ cup white onion diced
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ cup Jalapeno diced and deseeded
- Squeeze of fresh lime juice
- Preheat your grill to 420°.
- In a cast iron pan, place Velveeta original cheese along with 16 oz of cooked chorizo on top. Grill the mixture for approximately 20 minutes, or until the cheese loaf is completely melted and smooth.
- While the cheese and chorizo are grilling, prepare the Bacon Pico de Gallo. In a medium-sized bowl, combine diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, chopped onions, diced jalapenos, Oscar Mayer naturally hardwood smoked bacon (cooked and crumbled), and a squeeze of fresh lime juice. Mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Once the chorizo Velveeta queso is melted on the grill, carefully remove it and mix to evenly distribute the chorizo within the cheese.
- Top the melted queso with a generous amount of the prepared Bacon Pico de Gallo for a pop of flavor.
- Serve your delicious party sized queso creation with a bowl of tortilla chips for dipping and enjoy the fusion of cheesy goodness with a kick from the bacon pico de gallo.
Animal Style Loaded Tater Tots
Difficulty: Easy • 11 Servings • Total Time: 1 Hour
- 1 bag Ore-Ida Golden Tater Tots 32oz
- 6 slices Kraft Singles American Cheese Slices
- 3 chopped Clauseen Hamburger pickles
- ¼ Cup HEINZ® Tomato Ketchup
- ¼ Cup KRAFT® Real Mayonnaise
- ¼ Cup Onion, grilled and chopped
- Preheat your grill to 420 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, arrange your previously cooked Ore-Ida Golden Tater Tots in a single layer. Top the tater tots with 6 slices of Kraft Single American Cheese.
- Place the baking sheet with the tater tots and cheese on the grill. Grill for about 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted.
- While the tater tots are grilling, whip up the tangy animal style sauce. In a small bowl, combine ¼ cup of Kraft Real Mayonnaise, ¼ cup of Heinz Tomato Ketchup, and chopped Claussen Hamburger pickles. Mix the ingredients until they are well combined
- Once the tater tots are perfectly melted and cooked, take them out of the grill.
- Generously drizzle the prepared tangy animal style sauce over the cheesy tater tots and sprinkle some grilled onions on top.
- Serve this appetizing treat at your next party or gathering, and watch your guests enjoy the flavorful combination of cheesy tater tots with a tangy sauce. This dish is sure to be a crowd-pleaser and a hit among both kids and adults!
Cheesy Grilled Crunchwrap
Difficulty: Easy • 1 Serving • Total Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 Slices Oscar Mayer Naturally Hardwood Smoked Bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Slices Kraft Singles American Cheese Slices
- 2 Tablespoons Sour cream
- ¼ cup cooked ground beef
- ¼ cup chopped iceberg lettuce
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 1 tostada shell
- 1 large flour tortilla
- 1 small street flour tortilla
- Preheat your grill to 350 degrees and place a small cast iron skillet on it to get hot.
- While the grill is heating, assemble the Crunchwrap. Take a large tortilla and layer the ingredients in this order: ground beef, chopped Oscar Mayer Naturally Smoked Bacon, Kraft Singles American Cheese Slices, a tostada shell, sour cream, chopped iceberg lettuce, diced tomatoes, and place a small flour tortilla on top.
- Carefully fold the larger tortilla clockwise towards the center, creating a tight and compact Crunchwrap.
- Now, place your assembled Crunchwrap in the center of the grill. Place the preheated cast iron skillet on top of the Crunchwrap to help seal it closed. Let it grill for about 7 minutes or until the tortilla turns golden and crispy.
- Once the Crunchwrap is perfectly grilled, remove it from the grill.
- To unveil the cheesy layers, slice the Crunchwrap down the center.
- Now, it’s time to savor the yummy flavors of your homemade Crunchwrap! Enjoy!