This Fast Food Worker Stirred Iced Tea…With Her Arm — And The Video Is Horrifying

fast food worker stirs iced tea with her arm

Listen, we know fast food isn’t healthy for us to eat. But calories, fats, and grease aside, we’re questioning everything we knew about the fast food industry after seeing this viral video. A video grabbed off Snapchat and posted on Facebook shows a Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers employee stirring a batch of iced tea with her entire forearm. We need to sit down and reflect.

According to The Kansas City Star, a Raising Cane’s location in Kansas City, Missouri fired two employees for contaminating a pitcher of iced tea and posting the evidence on Snapchat. The first video posted to the app shows one of the female employees stirring the tea with her fist and laughing. It’s captioned, “Don’t drink the tea from Cane’s.” The second video shows the employee dumping the iced tea into the dispenser. Again, while laughing. Ladies — this isn’t funny!

Both clips were later uploaded to Facebook on Tuesday, June 19th, in which they collectively received almost 700,000 views by Thursday, June 21st.


After management was notified and the employees were fired, the tea was disposed of and the dispenser was thoroughly sanitized, the Star reported. On June 20th, the Kansas City Health Department talked to the remaining staff about adhering to safety standards and the food code, the spokesman for the health department told the Star.

[fm_youtube url=""]

Yeah…we’re skeeved out to the max.


Raising Cane’s president and COO, AJ Kumaran, reportedly said in a statement, “At Raising Cane’s, we take pride in what we do and work very hard to train our 19,000+ crewmembers to uphold the highest standards, which our customers have come to expect from us. After reviewing the video of the isolated incident at the Tiffany Springs restaurant, we are incredibly disappointed in the actions of these crewmembers. We take the safety and quality of our food very seriously, and we will not tolerate any actions that compromise these standards.”

Kumaran also noted that this is an “isolated incident,” and that the location now has a “clean bill of health.”


It’s unclear whether further legal action will be taken against the two teenaged employees at fault. We certainly hope that viral video didn’t give other fast food employees any ideas.

Did you like it?

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 4.9 / 5. Vote count: 451

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Enjoy Your $19.99 FREE Copy of Our Digital Cookbook!

Enjoy our FREE Digital
Cookbook as Our Way of
Saying Thank You!

I agree to the storing and processing of my personal data by So Yummy as described by the Privacy Policy.

Get your So Yummy Cookbook digital copy - for Free!

Enjoy surprising, smart and absolutely gorgeous home cooking recipes & tips

Thanks for subscribing!

Your Cookbook Awaits in Your Inbox