HOLY SHEET! Presenting… the ULTIMATE, Crowd Pleasing Cake Hacks
February 05, 2019
- Use a piping tip to core 20 small holes into the cake, approximately 2 inches deep or halfway through the cake. Reserve the cake nubs, you will need them again later. There should be four holes per row, five rows on the whole cake, spaced as evenly as possible.
- Each row will be a different flavor. For each row, you need to pipe in approximately 2 teaspoons of filling (or fill it ⅔ the way up) followed by 1 teaspoon of the topping in each hole. You will have leftovers of all of the fillings and toppings and you need to hold onto them because they will also be serving as garnishes to the frosted cake.
- The first row is Cookies & Cream and for this layer you need to pipe whipped cream and sprinkle in oreo crumbs.
- The second row is Lemon Meringue Pie and for this layer you need to pipe lemon curd and sprinkle in graham cracker crumbs.
- The third row is White Chocolate Funfetti and for this layer pipe vanilla buttercream followed by rainbow sprinkles.
- The fourth row is Pecan Caramel Turtle and for this layer pipe caramel followed by a teaspoon of chopped pecans.
- The fifth and final row is Piña Colada and for this layer pipe in crushed pineapple and top with toasted coconut.
- Once all of the holes are filled, plug them up with the cake nubs. Then liberally frost the entire cake with vanilla buttercream. Use a bamboo skewer to make indents in the frosting to separate the layers.
- While garnishing each layer, use a paper towel to cover the next layer so that none of the garnishes cross into the other flavors.
- For the Cookies & Cream layer, cover the entire thing in Oreo crumbs, then (using a star tip) pipe whipped cream over each hole, and place a half of an oreo and a square of cookies and cream chocolate.
- For the Lemon Meringue Pie layer, drizzle the remaining lemon curd on top, pipe whipped cream over the holes, and then place a lemon wedge, a tiny meringue, and a mint leaf on the whipped cream.
- For the White Chocolate Funfetti layer, cover it entirely in white chocolate curls (which you can make with a vegetable peeler). Pipe whipped cream over each hole, and then garnish with rainbow sprinkles.
- For the Pecan Caramel Turtle layer, drizzle fudge sauce over the entire thing, and then pipe whipped cream over each hole and garnish with a caramel candy, a square of crispy chocolate, and a pecan.
- For the Piña Colada layer, cover the entire layer with the remaining toasted coconut. Pipe whipped cream over each hole and then place a tiny pineapple wedge and a maraschino cherry on the whipped cream.
- 1 vanilla sheet cake
- 1 cup whipped cream
- ¼ cup oreo crumbs
- ¼ cup lemon curd, for piping
- ¼ cup graham crackers, crushed
- 2 cups vanilla buttercream, plus ¼ cup for piping
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- ¼ cup caramel, for piping
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup crushed pineapple, for piping
- ¼ cup toasted coconut
- Cookies n’ Cream white chocolate bar
- White chocolate bar
- Pineapple chunks
- Maraschino cherries
- Fudge sauce in a piping bag
- Caramel candies
- Crispy chocolate bar
- Lemon slice
- Mini meringues
- Mint leaf