32 Reactions To The Royal Baby Name That Will Make You Scream
Just a few days ago, on May 6th, at 5:26 a.m., Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s royal baby was welcomed into the world. And on that day, they announced both the birth and the baby’s gender (a boy!)… but gave us nothing else. “The Duchess and baby are both healthy and well, and the couple thank members of the public for their shared excitement and support during this very special time in their lives,” said their announcement post.
After Meghan gave birth, Prince Harry gave the press a timeline, stating that they would introduce the baby to the world in two days. And fortunately, they kept their promise. Today, on May 8th, 2019, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announced their baby’s name on Instagram: “The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are pleased to announce they have named their first born child: Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor.”
That’s right. The newborn’s name is Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. Like the comic book character.
They also shared the very first public photos of their little boy. “Today The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are delighted to share their first public moment as a family,” they wrote on Instagram. “They are so incredibly grateful for the warm wishes and support they’ve received from everyone around the world, since welcoming their son two days ago.”
What’s just as exciting as this announcement, you ask? Well, the internet’s reactions, of course! And let us tell you — there are plenty to discuss.
1. Rachel certainly isn’t wrong.
2. Netflix even got in on the action. I mean, how could you not?
3. We are fully here for these Riverdale tweets.
4. Who doesn’t love a baby name that’s the definition of literal?
5. The Avengers. Bye.
6. This sounds like something that actually happened.
7. Safe to say this person is not a fan.
8. Could you imagine if the Queen actually reacted this way?
9. It. Is. Law. *pounds gavel*
10. Omg, this GIF.
11. Hey, the woman just gave birth! Let her do what she wants!
12. If Riverdale doesn’t take advantage of this, we will be shocked.
13. The Archie Comics Twitter account wins. Everyone else can just go home.
14. Keep the jokes coming, kids!
15. Of course, there are those who genuinely love the name.
16. It’s almost too on the nose.
17. Can’t stop. Won’t stop.
18. I mean, we would walk around like this if we had such a royal name, so why shouldn’t he?
19. We have no words.
20. Interestingly enough, there are a lot of pets named Archie out there.
21. Woah. That’s cold.
22. Okay, fair.
23. Ooh! What an interesting theory. Do we think this is true?
24. We have a feeling they’re 100% correct.
25. Agreed. Sounds like he’ll be a ~fun~ king.
26. Um, what? Why?
27. We can see it happening. Just you wait.
28. People are loving how modern the name is.
29. We can’t even imagine what it’s like over there. Yikes.
31. Let’s end on this note.
32. Yes, Will Smith! Yas.
Name aside, we’re just happy to see that Archie and Meghan are both happy and healthy.