Three fast food employees at a Taylor, Texas Sonic Drive-In have been arrested after something disturbing was found in a kid’s meal. An 11-year-old girl found an ecstasy pill in her 4-year-old brother’s hamburger. Now, the three employees found responsible face several charges including child endangerment.
“When she opened the wrapping, she noticed a pill. Being an 11-year-old, she asked her parents if this was candy,” Taylor Chief of Police Henry Fluck stated at a press conference per ABC 13. The children’s parents took the entire fast food meal to the police station. There, it tested positive for ecstasy.
Officers arrested the manager, Tanisha Dancer, along with two employees, Johnathan Roberson and Jose Molina. Dancer had an outstanding warrant for a parole violation. She was also concealing three other ecstasy pills, which were found when she was booked at the Williamson County Jail.
Roberson had four outstanding warrants, and both he and Molina were arrested on the scene for marijuana possession.
Ecstasy, although common among young adults, can kill due to its dangerous side effects. The drug increases heart rate, and can cause nausea, sweating, chills, and blurred vision. Ecstasy can also cause permanent brain damage as well as kidney, liver, and heart damage.
Investigators say two Sonic employees and their manager were arrested after an ecstasy pill was reportedly found in a child's hamburger wrapper. https://t.co/Bcx92T6MmZ— ABC13 Houston (@abc13houston) December 10, 2018
On top of her child endangerment charge, Dancer also faces a delivery of a controlled substance charge and a possession of a controlled substance charge.
Thankfully, the ecstasy pill was spotted before the 4-year-old had time to ingest it. Otherwise, the consequences could have been much worse.